Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!
This year has been the year of self-discovery and growth.
I learned to fully love myself.
I learned to consistently listen to my heart, and do what makes me happy.
I learned that I had a ‘knick’ for winning contests.
I learned that eating healthy, and working out really does pay off in the end.
I learned that the people who want to be in your life, make the effort to be in it.
I learned that I unfortunately lactose-intolerant.
I learned that I can run 5K’s even after 2 knee surgeries and finish in the top 5%.
I learned that keeping a positive attitude can lead you down great new paths.
I learned that it’s ok/fun to start more conversations with strangers on a daily basis.
I learned that I’m not too shabby of a chef.
I learned that giving to others is the best feeling in the world.
I learned to really appreciate my wide variety of friendships: spanning across all different locations, ages, and personalities. I wouldn’t change it for the world.
I learned to keep a spare key always hidden outside my house.
I learned to not settle.
I learned to say yes more to trying new/different activities.
What were some of the lessons you learned this year? I’d love to hear from you
Below I accumulated a list of life highlights from 2012. I had a lot of fun reviewing at all my 2012 posts on here, as well as my Facebook to see what really made my life super fantastic this year. Looking back, I realize that life really is what you make it. You can sit on the sidelines, or put on those cleats and jump right into the middle of the game of life.
I can’t wait to see what 2013 holds in store for you, me, and the rest of the world. I have a feeling a great new chapter of my life is about to begin… I’ll post my 2013 Goals soon!
- Won a Skydiving Adventure Package through The Bucket List Publications Blog
- Started a new tradition of visiting my family in Oregon for 4th of July
- Ran 3 5K’s – Lululemon’s Run.Yoga.Give 5K and Yoga on the infield of the Rose Bowl Stadium, Padre’s Foundation Stand for Hope 5K at the Rose Bowl, and the Gladiator 5K Rock’n'Run (finished in the top 5%)
- Saw Sufjan Stevens in concert (bonus that it was a Christmas show)
- Finished my Invisalign Treatment = a more beautiful smile!
- One of my best friends from living abroad in Australia, Miranda, came to visit me from Canada!
- Was in my first professional photo shoot
- Worked at the beautiful Santa Anita Race Track all summer long with the California Philharmonic (Met Vanessa Carlton, too!)
- Got asked to be the Pure Barre Pasadena official blogger - also I’m just so happy that I discovered Pure Barre in the first place- best workout ever!
- Won a book from the BeachChairScientist blog contest
- Had box seats at the San Diego Padres Game with my family
- Rekindled friendships
- Went to my Aunt’s favorite band’s concert as one of her Bucket List items
- Had an fantastic sporadic weekend in San Francisco
- First time eating at a Czech Bakery
- Saw the Space Shuttle Endeavor fly over Pasadena on top of a 747 Jet – then saw it in person at its final resting place at the CA Science Center
- Went on my first cruise (we went to Ensenada)!
- Entered my first photo contest- Birch Aquarium Underwater Parks Day Photo Contest- got an honorable mention from the judges!
- Saw The Shins in concert at Universal Gibson Amphitheater
- For Coastal Clean Up Day – I did my first ever SCUBA Dive Clean Up at the Santa Monica Pier
- Became great friends with the Pasadena Fire Department
- Made my own solar eclipse viewing device
- Got to re-live Disneyland through my 9-year-old cousin’s eyes
- Got in amazing shape- changed my workout schedule and eating habits to live a healthier life
- Started the wave and got on the JumboTron 4 times in one night at a Dodger Game!
- Was in Daniel Bedingfield’s music video (that has still yet to come out…)
- Saw John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl
- My friend Swedish friend (Alex) who I met in Australia (2009) came to visit me in Pasadena!
- Eating at Club 33 in Disneyland for the 2nd time
- Saw the Beach Boys live in concert!
- Winning the Bud Light Port Paradise Cruise to the Bahamas from the band Young the Giant!
- Volunteered in the VIP area for 2012 Breeders Cup at the Santa Anita Race Track
- Volunteered with the Pasadena Jaycees for Operation Santa toy delivery on Xmas Eve
- Winning 4 Box Seats, 4 Club House Passes, a $50 betting voucher, and a VIP tour of the Paddocks and Winner’s Circle at Santa Anita’s Opening Day (Plus I met Gene Simmons..that was cool too!)
- Volunteered at the Pasadena Fall Food and Wine Festival
- Volunteered making lunch at the Union Station Homeless Shelter