Goodbye 2013, HELLO 2014!
What an unforgettable year 2013 was… it felt like so much was packed into those little 12 months. 2013 year was filled with risks and opportunities of a lifetime. Through all the experiences I had this year, nothing is more precious than the people around you who have proved that they support you 110% in life. I want to personally thank everyone who supported all my crazy life adventures in 2013. Whether you simply liked a Facebook Page, donated money to help get my to Malaysia for Miss Scuba International, sent a personal inspirational note to my inbox, or just verbally wished me luck on my ventures – I honestly couldn’t have gotten this far in life without you. Two words that sums up 2013: Thankful and Grateful.
I’d love to hear from you – please comment below: How was your 2013 year? What did you learn? What were some highlights?
I learned that taking risks has its advantages.
I learned that a good friend will always come back to you in the end.
I learned that being a vegetarian was one of the best decisions I ever made.
I learned that juicing is a delicious and an exciting new addition to my healthy/fit lifestyle.
I learned that life is short, and there’s no reason to not do something you want to do.
I learned that being confident in your own skin shines brighter than anything else.
I learned that being in a beauty pageant is exhausting work.
I learned that doing hand-stands passes the time real well.
I learned how fortunate I am to have a strong, stable, and fantastic group of individuals who have my back with any wild and crazy venture I choose to take.
I learned that there are more nice people in the world then there are bad.
I learned that the worse thing someone can say when you ask them something is ‘no’ – so don’t be afraid to ask for something you want.
I learned that finding a pair of heels you can actually walk in comfortably – is like finding a needle in a haystack!
- Joining the Dog Haus Running Club
- Running in the Color Run at Dodger Stadium
- Being picked in the Top 25 for Wildlife Caretaker in Tourism Australia’s Best Job in the World Contest
- Winning 2nd Place in my age group at the Pacific Grove Lighthouse 5K
- Wine tasting in Sonoma with my mom – my new favorite wine destination!
- Spending my first Thanksgivukkah with my boyfriend and his family and friends
- Eric and Nicole’s beautiful wedding
- Going to my first rodeo- The Salinas Rodeo with Trevor and AJ and then buying my first real pair of cowboy boots right afterwards!
- Watching The Rolling Stones in a box suite at the Staples Center with Nick
- Playing with baby lion cubs in Vegas as a surprise present for my mom’s birthday
- Seeing Michael Buble in concert in Vegas with my mom and grandma
- Completing my first 10K – the Gladiator Rock n’ Run in Pasadena
- Meeting Jean-Michel Cousteau at the LA Travel and Adventure Expo
- Sneaking into the LA Food and Wine Festival with Mike and getting VIP treatment – plus rubbing elbows with lots of famous people wasn’t too shabby
- Getting my first photography paid project
- Working the Health and Fitness Expo with Alex in Vegas for a weekend
- Being a bridesmaid in my life long friend’s wedding – love you Claire Smart!
- Attending my first and second Oktoberfest – Santa Anita and Big Bear
- BUCKET LIST: My grandma and I being the 2nd named called on The Price is Right & winning 2 Burberry watches & spinning the big wheel
- Cliff jumping in the Arroyo Seco, Monterey Bay
- Meeting and becoming friends with the CEO of Heal The Bay, Ruskin
- Having the most fun I’ve ever had at Disneyland with my Newport friends
- Attending my first hockey game (Anaheim Ducks) – with a Canadian of course!
- BUCKET LIST: Seeing a movie/tv show at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery with Tyler
- Being crowned Miss Scuba USA
- Finding a wonderful man who makes me feel special everyday
- Attending my first rave/music festival with Kira
- Traveling to Malaysia and competing in the Miss Scuba International Pageant
- Winning 2nd Runner Up, Miss Marine Conservation, and Miss Best Diver at the Miss Scuba International Pageant
- Meeting a baby pygmy elephant face to face (or trunk haha)
- Scuba Diving in Sipadan – with a huge school of barracuda, and a giant school of jackfish, a frogfish, hawksbill & green sea turtles, squid, and so many more wonderful creatures
- Visiting China – albeit only an 8 hour layover in the airport – it was still fun to be in a new country!
- Buying my FIRST CAR – Toyota Prius ! I love my blue baby
- Diving with over 50 sea lions with Joe in Monterey Bay